The Importance of Maintaining Your Kitchen Knives
If you like cooking as much as we do, then you know that your kitchen knives can get dull pretty quick. Whether you are chopping vegetables, dicing onions or slicing a roast, a sharp knife can make your job a lot easier. Below are some tips and tricks that we use to keep our knives sharper for longer – feel free to give them a try!
- Always wash your knives by hand – don’t put them in the dishwasher! Try to keep your knives away from anywhere where they will be surrounded by water or moisture.
- When hand washing your knives, do not let them soak in the sink. Wash them immediately so food doesn’t get dried on and become impossible to scrub off.
- Do not use your knives to cut or saw through anything frozen. This could damage your knife and it will dull your knives much faster.
- Store your knives safely in a knife block or use protective guards. This tip is important for both your own personal safety and to ensure that your knives look new for longer.
- Lastly, invest in a high-quality knife sharpener. It is important to sharpen and hone your knives regularly so that they do not start to deteriorate.
If you are looking to purchase a knife sharpener, head over to our Products Page and check out our 3 Stage Knife Sharpener. This product is durable, safe and easy to use. It has a non-skid rubber base to ensure that it is stationary when you are sharpening. This device will effectively sharpen all sizes of metal, steel and ceramic knives using it’s three stages: ceramic, course and fine. It is designed to perform best with straight edge blades, paring knives, chefs knives, utility and specialty knives. These sharpeners will make a great addition to your kitchen or as a gift for that special occasion.