Quick Cocinero’s Recipe of the Week
Happy Monday! In this blog section of our site, we will post kitchen tips and tricks but we are also going to post bi-monthly recipes for you to try out. This week, we have a chosen a healthy chicken stir fry. Now, when a lot of people hear the word ‘stir-fry,’ they think ‘too many vegetables.’ But, once you start adding sauce, seasoning and rice/noodles on the side, you suddenly have a diverse, nutritious meal. If you are looking for some more non-vegetables items to add to your stir-fry, we suggest adding sesame seeds, cashews, crushed Ichiban noodles or perhaps even some scrambled eggs. So grab one of your nicely sharpened knives and get chopping – this recipe only calls for 15 minutes of prep time!
This week, our recipe is from Wholefully.com. This stir-fry is full of nutritious vegetables, fiber and brown rice to top it off. Fifteen minutes of prep, 15 minutes to cook and voila, you have 4 large servings of healthy chicken stir-fry for this week! Enjoy.
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
FOR THE STIR FRY
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced into 1” pieces
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups cooked Minute® Brown Rice
- Sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, for serving
Feel free to substitute any of the vegetables items on this list for something else if there is one in particular you do not like. Other items to add to the mixture could be bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, cauliflower, bok choy or sautéed kale. For the full list of cooking instructions, visit their site here.