Quick Cocinero’s Recipe of the Week
Happy Monday! This week, we have a chosen a delicious Enchilada Casser-Ole. It might take you a bit of time (55 min whole recipe prep), but as soon as you taste it, you will not regret it!
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. and voila, you’ll have 8 large servings of delicious Enchilada Casser-Ole for this week! Enjoy.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place 3 tortillas in an 11×7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.
1 piece: 357 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Recipe taken from www.tasteofhome.com
Originally published as Enchilada Casser Ole in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009